Notes from Wolfpack Meeting, 23/4,12

April 23, 2012 in Uncategorized

## Headlines
* Linked Open Vocabularies to be hosted by OKFN
* Organisation of Wolfpack and Projects call to be reviewed – details of discussion below
* Campfire is the new ‘water cooler’ – all paid staff to give it a try and feedback in a couple of weeks
* ALL events should be documented on our [events spreadsheet]( [NB: the spreadsheet is public and to be used for factual details only]
* EU based people should *not* include VAT on their invoices… speak to Laura James if you’re not sure whether this affects you.

## Events
* OKFN to give a School of Data talk at Open Data week, but not keynote.

## Actions
* SL to confirm that we will host LOV project
* LN to pass details of Mark Golledge on to DD.
* LN to respond about Open Data Week & School of Data.
* NL to act as scribe in future meetings.

## Minutes
* Finalise whether LOV (Linked Open Vocabularies) will be OKFN hosted — see [Doodle](, no objections have been raised on projects coord list. Generally a positive response – SL

— Basically, yes

* Discuss format of calls: wolfpack and (more urgently?) projects
* Having a time to talk is good
* Notebook posts should be written – and read!
* A written update of events / projects for people to peruse could be good…
* Key difference between UPDATES (to be done in writing) and DISCUSSION (best done speaking in person)
* Scribe should not be call moderator – can someone step up to write call notes in future weeks (NL offers!) – thanks NL!
* LN to go through notepad entries to pull out interesting points & add to a snazzier write-up? [Snazzier write-up, but maybe not notebook posts I think…]
* To discuss the issue of the projects call further…

* Discuss Nick Stenning proposal that we all use [NS]. Nick’s proposal:
* we need a water cooler where people can come and casually keep in touch with chitchat without feeling it’s an obligation. Something not too intrusive. Something where you can go offline, but come back and not have missed out on what’s happened.
* Nick strongly recommends Campfire which has searchable backlog
* try the room πŸ™‚ please feedback to NickS so we can see what works well
* for paid staff / ‘commit access’ type folk (LJ: I’d like this to be clear πŸ˜‰
* yet another tool
* you can turn it off and not miss out. Better “backlog” than Skype does
* a place to be a bit silly
* IRC remains there for the public to say hi πŸ™‚ everyone is welcome to stay there too
* building a virtual office
Nick to email everyone with details and also to mention that there are desktop clients available eg Flint for mac
We should review in a couple of weeks and see how it’s going.

* Using our zippy spreadsheet to decide which events to attend: [RGRP, via LN] — EVERYONE TO USE IT!
* Is this for events we run too? YES refer to Kat’s e-mail of 22nd Feb – we need to keep eye on things we run too
* Remember that the spreadsheet is publicly visible – discussion should take place on the call.

* EC VAt situation – heads up! [LJ]
* We shouldn’t charge or pay VAT to EU companies outside UK… please don’t include VAT in your invoices to us if you’re EU-based and VAT-registered. Talk to LJ if questions.

* Several new Eastern European OKFN:LOCAL groups/chapters – share contacts, projects and opportunities w them?

## [Events](

* Mark Golledge (Masters student) would like someone to talk to him for about 45 mins via — Skype about Open Government Data [LN] – Daniel Dietrich to talk to him
* Open Data Week event in Nantes, May 25th – School of Data [LN]
* Not keynoting, DD might be attending

## Updates (paste your notebook link in here [name](link)):
* [Laura Newman](
* [Naomi Lillie]( )
* [Daniel Dietrich]( )
* [Sam Leon](
* [Joris Pekel](
* [Kat Braybrooke](
* [Laura James]( – srsly, you don’t need my link – all recent notebook posts are at the top of the notebook site πŸ™‚ – granted, but these notes also get archived and we might sometimes want the link… At the least, this is a handy way of getting an overview of who *has* written a notebook post!

## Questions
## AOB
## Notes
## Actions
— do the Bartman

## Participants
* Kat Braybrooke
* Lucy Chambers
* Daniel Dietrich
* Laura James
* Sam Leon
* Naomi Lillie
* Jilly Mathews
* Laura Newman
* Joris Pekel
* Darwin Peltan
* Nick Stenning
* Mark Wainwright
* Irina Bolychevsky

## Apologies
* Marcus Dapp
* Velichka Dimitrova
* Rufus Pollock
* Tom Rees

Comments are closed.