International Council meeting agenda- October 17th, 2013

Zara Rahman - October 30, 2013 in Meeting Notes

Wednesday 17th October, 16.30 CEST

Participants: (Doodle)

  • Zara Rahman
  • Christian Villum
  • Neal Bastek
  • Laura James
  • Tom Alvarenga
  • Charalampos Bratsas
  • Anastasios Ventouris
  • Rayna Stamboliyska
  • Oleg Lavrovsky
  • Heather Leson

Apologies (unable to attend):

  • Prakash Neupane (Nepal)

  • Daniel Dietrich (Germany)

  • Julia Kloiber (Germany) – at Code for America summit

  • Rufus Pollock (on holiday)

Agenda and meeting minutes

1. #topic Update on Actions from last call + introduction

    • Introduction – new member of Local Groups team, Heather Leson!

    • Better folder management of documents to share with International Council
      • website now updated, and one folder shared with you all, linked to from website page
      • Participants invited to look at above links and come back with questions, if any.
  • Standard mail aliases for all Local Groups requested from sysadmin

  • info@xx.okfn.org ; our new Technical Director, Nick Stenning, has advised against having this but would rather have @_____.okfn.org addresses standardised across community.

  • Codes of Conduct signed by all Ambassadors (to roll out this/next week for Local Initiatives)

  • Projects page from OKFN Central has been updated: http://okfn.org/projects/

  • Forum suggestion – we started using Tenderappas a helpdesk, it can also be used as an online forum home. Should we follow up on this?
    • possibly integrating Forum functionality into the wikispace
  • Community Resources page on the site now up

  • Fundraising help – have liaised with James Hamilton, our new Development Director; his suggestion = a concept note hack session, bringing together group of 5-8 people including himself to look through concept notes, on a monthly basis.

2. #topic Other updates within Local Groups network

a. OKCon

  • Representatives from 55 countries, including many Local Groups (picture)

  • Feedback survey for participants

    • In general people had an awesome time, great meeting new and old faces etc.
    • Next year’s OKFestival – longer, festival, with heavy international community involvement. Updates / input to be sought soon!

a. Local Groups Community Fund

c. Open Data Partnership for Development

  • Project launched in collaboration with World Bank and the UK Open Data Institute, more details to focus on developing countries. Led by Heather Leson from Open Knowledge Foundation, more updates coming soon.

d. Data gathered from Ambassadors

  • Asked to sign Codes of Conduct and fill in Workplan forms (sample here) outlining their scope of activity over next 12 months

  • Biography and photo from each Ambassador – to be put online in country profiles

  • #todo – same information from Local Initiatives and Chapters

3. #topic Input sought

a. Email addresses for community members (individuals)

  • Domain suggestions? @okfn.org to be used going forward for paid staff members only. Suggestions:

    • @network.okfn.org
    • @local.okfn.org
    • @community.okfn.org
    • suggested that we have country specific domains, but that could possibly alienate working group and other community members
    • other suggestion from the community was @net.okfn.org

b. Communications channels with community

  • #suggestion – a weekly community hangout, like ‘office hours’ where people are free to come and chat with Local Groups team / community members

  • general positive support for something like this
  • #suggestion – more use of IRC ?

  • neutral response, not many alternative suggestions

  • wiki came up again as a place for spontaneous connections

  • #suggestion online skillshare sessions – eg. social media use, customising blog sites.

  • yes, a good idea

c. Knowledge sharing within community

  • #suggestion – reviving the wiki as the main community knowledge space [currently very out of date]

  • Participants were generally in favor of this.

  • Have to deal with the spam issue constructively.

  • How to, for example, share information on transitioning from Initiative to Chapter / challenges facing Local Groups, lessons learned cross-network?

  • mentioned by Finnish Local Group (Jaakko)

3. #topic Upcoming

  • Upcoming events: Open Data Day, February 22nd 2014

    • Updates coming soon – anything planned?

    • Get it on the wiki and/or a public calendar

  • International Council – any members you would recommend being added? Full list on website

  • #suggestion having representation from each Local Initiative and particularly active Ambassadors ?

International Council meeting agenda – Weds 7th August

Zara Rahman - August 8, 2013 in Meeting Notes

Wednesday 7th August, 16.30 CEST = 14.30 GMT+0 (see Doodle)

Participants: (Doodle)

  1. Oleg Lavrovsky (Switzerland)
  2. Everton Zanella (OKF Brazil)
  3. Tomo Watanabe (Japan)
  4. Laura James (OKF Central)
  5. Rufus Pollock (OKF Central)
  6. Julia Kloiber (OKF Germany)
  7. Ventouris Anastasios (OKF Greece)
  8. Christian Villum (OKF Central)
  9. Zara Rahman (OKF Central)
  10. Neal Bastek (OKF Central)
  11. Primavera (OKF France)
  12. Prakash Neupane(Nepal)

Apologies (unable to attend):

  1. Daniel Dietrich (Germany)
  2. Samuel Goeta (France)
  3. Charalampos Bratsas (Greece)
  4. Alberto Abella (OKF Spain)

Channel:

[1] IRC – freenode – #okfn-int  (http://webchat.freenode.net/ if you don’t use an IRC client)

[2] Skype as backup

 Agenda and meeting minutes

1. #topic State of world update following Summit

a. General

  • Suggestion from previous call to create a simple spreadsheet of Local Coordinators contact details; have compiled addresses from Local-Coords list into a spreadsheet, privacy concerns though – we need to check with members if they would like their email addresses to appear on this [a]list (to be available to other local coords only, not public)
    • Idea to set up email alias’ for each country, forwarding to relevant private emails (avoids privacy issue) – current examples, info@br.okfn.org
    • Useful to include links to each of their websites
  • Getting the International Council more involved in governance decisions; how best to do this?
    • Sharing documents for your comments; is this efficient?
    • No thanks to Trello, yes to well-organized folders in G Docs/Drive – to share a folder of all documents for the International Council
    • +1 to having a public page with links to appropriate Google Docs (need to be careful with permissions for internal documents here)
    • Also some reluctance towards Google products – Everton to put together document outlining pros/cons of using Google Docs, to discuss at next meeting.
  • Set up local-coords-alerts
  • Polls for quick input on decisions?
    • Good idea- doesn’t require much time from Council members – quick and easy polls, which refer back to longer documents if people have time/interest
  • International Council Trello Board
    • -1 : too many Trello Boards already
  • Challenges of growing the network
    • Creating Codes of Conduct/ MoU’s for incoming Ambassadors
    • Comments on this solicited from International Council – thanks!
    • Making review procedure more rigorous [see below]

b. Review Committee

  • Changes proposed to Ambassador review process following summit (see next section)

c. Projects & Outreach Committee

d. Mentoring Committee

  • #suggestion Setting up a Mentorship scheme – interest?
    • Pairing up experienced members of the community to less experienced ones
    • Yes- Local Groups team to look into this further, together with Mentorship Committee
  • See also: “Regular hangouts per region” (just one happened so far between people in America continent)
    • Really good experience reported from Everton on the first Transamerican hangout a couple of weeks back, although only two attended. They will try to do more of those.
    • Hangouts to be recorded and shared online (can then be a standing resource)
    • Prakash from Nepal and Tomo from Japan to organise an Asia hangout

e. Steering Committee

  • Input welcomed on shared documents, but the Steering Committee have not yet been called upon

 

2.. #topic Ambassador scheme changes

a. Country Ambassador scheme

  • Main change: to make the most of our own networks/contacts as a ‘first review’ , thanks all for your comments.
  • Please see Ambassador Applicants sheet and comment if you know people as a first review
  • Ambassador role – gathering community, or spreading the word of open knowledge? Potentially two different roles here, both skillsets needed within a Local Group.
  • Prospects Community also launched- Local Groups team to update the website with details of this.
  • Idea – that all Ambassador applicants should first pass through the Prospects Community?

b. City/State Ambassador scheme

  • Taking advantage of Rufus’ visit there in order to pilot a scheme of having City/State Ambassadors.
  • Allowing approved Local Initiatives to appoint their own City/State Ambassadors, in country
  • How to organise discussion lists?
  • Allowing for specialist discussions and encourage local/regional activity  while remaining centralised – eg. one discussion list for the whole of Brazil, or one per state as well as the national one?

3. #topic Knowledge sharing between Local Groups

  • #idea: Regular skillshare sessions – eg. Social Media, Volunteer Engagement, via Google Hangout, open to all in the community
  • #idea: Mentorship scheme
  • Regional hangouts – happening already

4. #topic Showcasing Local Groups activity better to the world

  • Creating a Local Groups blog – +1
    • Similar to planet.okfn.org but focus only on Local Groups sites – and perhaps layout similar to blog.okfn.org rather than long lists of blogs
    • Good example to check out: Wikimedia Foundation Central blog, who sometimes post the same blogs in two or more languageshttp://blog.wikimedia.org/
  • paper.li to gather tweets from the Local Groups:
    • paper.li is an automated curator of twitter posts. We’ve set this one up to curate all of the local group social media accounts.
  • Other ideas?
    •  An official OKFN forum with a General topic with global issues and a topic for each country, to let countries showcase their projects and let other users comment and discuss easier – – Anastasios to follow up with more detailed suggestions
  • Creating a map to show what topics Local Groups are working on – this would need your input
  • Encouraging LGs to keep website updated with current events/activities

International Council meeting – July 4 2013

Christian Villum - July 8, 2013 in Uncategorized

Thursday July 4 2013 – 14.30 UTC/GMT, 15.30 BST (British Summer Time)

Participants (Doodle):

  1. Oleg Lavrovsky (Switzerland)
  2. Alberto Albella (Spain)
  3. Everton Zanella (Brazil)
  4. Tomo Watanabe (Japan)
  5. Prakash Neupane (Nepal)
  6. Gisele Craveiro (Brazil)
  7. Pierre Chrzanowski (France)
  8. Charalampos Bratsas (Greece)
  9. Christian Villum (OKF Central)
  10. Zara Rahman (OKF Central)
  11. Neal Bastek (OKF Central)

Apologies (unable to attend):

  1. Daniel Dietrich (Germany)
  2. Joris Pekel (Netherlands)
  3. Sridhar Gutam (India)
  4. Laura James (OKF Central)
  5. Rufus Pollock (OKF Central)
  6. Anastasios Ventouris (Greece)

Meeting minutes from earlier meetings

April 29 2013

July 4th 2013 Agenda and meeting minutes

#topic State of the Council, how are we getting off the ground 

(Reminder of the new committee structure and List of committee members)

General: Welcome Committee has not yet done a welcome party for the last round (Round 4) of Ambassadors. Other Committees would like to see how Ambassadors are being reviewed- Process document to be shared (ZR)

Suggestions – how to make the Review process more transparent?

  • A trello board – or a simple spreadsheet.
  • International Council to be kept up to date with Review Process.
  • Creating a list of all Local Coordinators, Ambassadors – for the community. Especially useful as the network grows bigger and bigger!
  • This perhaps interlinks with ongoing idea of having a ‘phone book’ or directory of all OKF members around the world. (see Ideas board in Trello)
  • Ideas on Mentoring and Reviewing to be followed up by Mentoring and Reviewing Committee together with Local Groups team (Christian, Neal, Zara)

Review Committee

List of inducted Ambassadors/Initiatives

How are things going?

  • Been having a break over last couple of weeks- but have reviewed now 5 Rounds of Ambassadors.
  • Acceptance rate varies greatly; process has been based on objective criteria rather than quotas.

Selection Process document

Suggestion – reviewing at set time periods, eg. 4 times a year. Reduces ongoing work for Review Committee

Process point – increasing efficiency and considering Reviewing strategy (ie, aiming to get through lots of applications at once? Or, staggering them so as to give incoming Ambassadors time to get settled in the community?) – discussion to be continued with Review Committee and Local Groups team

Outreach Committee

How can we get started?

No members present, tabled.

Mentoring Committee

Welcome calls – how are they going?

  • First one (With Round 2 and 3)  went well- ready for second (Round 4) (and third- Round 5, inducted this week)
  • More of a social event than a formal process – first time for many seeing actual faces, hearing people from inside the community
  • Difficulties of organising calls with varying time zones – http://worldtimebuddy.com suggested as tool here.

Suggestion – representation on this committee from varying time zones, so at least one person is available

To do: Welcome Party guidelines, including: How long after induction calls should take place

Mentoring Committee to discuss further via discussion list: Mentorship Program for incoming Ambassadors and Initiatives

Steering Committee

First task coming up: Advising on challenges in expanding the Local Groups Network

 

#topic More members in the committees

#action Review Committee – 3 members now, need 1-2 more. Would anyone like to join?

  • To invite incoming Ambassadors to join the council – Council needs to grow as number of Ambassadors and network grows
  • Bonus of having more members of Review Committee- enables them to split the applications.

Prakash to join Review Committee!

#topic Local Group contact registry

#action How can we ensure that the growing network is capable of contacting each other better?

  • Should we use okfn.org/members more? How best to allow people to contact each other within the network?
  • With a LG registry – how much maintenance/updating work would this require? See Trello card re: “phone book”

Issue – people using different platforms, where is best to connect everyone? Facebook, Google groups/Google +, Skype, Email. Comments here invited!

 

#topic The Prospect Community (proposal, feedback invited)

#action Thoughts on “Prospects Community” = holding platform/incubator scheme for unsuccessful Ambassador applicants (see background thoughts, proposal and drafted track keeping sheet)

  • Council members to review after the call, and enter comments/thoughts, and a summary to be sent round to Local Groups, for input before launching.

 

#topic Reporting Group Activity

(#action) How are individual groups tracking their engagement (informally or formally)?

(#action) How can we best show the breadth and depth of local group work to the wider community?

(#action) Encouraging knowledge/experience sharing between Local Groups, and more practically, sharing of materials produced.
Demonstrating engagement and impact will help us provide more resources to local groups in the future.

 

#topic New “funding pot” for Local Groups

Small grants are available for Local Groups to support events, travel etc.

  • 100-150 euros available for printing, travel, bringing in speakers, events.
  • Good response from Council – clearly needed and wanted by community!
  • Will help with regional binding within community, and for securing other funds

 

#topic Council Member’s issues

  • Fundraising – important to focus on goals and projects, less so on bringing together most amount of people
  • Sharing experiences/mistakes from OKF Central, and increasing engagement from OKF Central to Local Groups. Should goals be set by Central, and implemented by Local Groups? Or could Central engage by looking over project proposals and commenting? If LGs want to share proposals with Central, please send to local@, Local Groups team happy to look over them!

 

#topic Misc

Session summary:

http://meetinglogs.okfn.org/okfn-int/2013/okfn-int.2013-07-04-14.38.txt 

Full IRC transcript:

http://meetinglogs.okfn.org/okfn-int/2013/okfn-int.2013-07-04-14.38.log.txt

 

 

International Council meeting – Monday April 29 2013

Christian Villum - July 2, 2013 in Uncategorized

International Council meeting

Monday April 29 2013 – 13.00 GMT / 14.00 BST (British Summer Time)

You can join the meet up directly here if you don’t have a IRC client: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=okfn-int #okfn-int # freenode

Participants:

* Rufus Pollock, Laura James, Christian Villum, Zara Rahman (Central)
* Oleg Lavrovsky (CH)
* Tomoaki Watanabe (Japan)
* Alberto Albella (ES)
* Everton Zanella Alvarenga (Brazil)
* Michaela Rybickova (Czech Republic)
* Daniel Dietrich (Germany)
* Charalampos Bratsa (Greece)
* Joris Pekel (Netherlands)
* Pierre Chrzanowski (France)
* Haklae Kim (Korea)
* Julia Kloiber (DE)

Listed but not present in IRC

* Samuel Goëta (France)
* Antti Poikola (Finland)
* Thomas Turner (Austria)

Apologies (unable to attend):

* David F. Flanders (Australia)

Channel:

[1] IRC – freenode – #okfn-int (use http://webchat.freenode.net/ if you don’t have an IRC client)

[2] Skype as backup, please add christianvillum, rufuspollock, laura.james, zara.rahman to your Skype contacts.

Logging

Laura will be logging the meeting, full transcript here.

Agenda

  • Introducing Zara Rahman, new OKF International Community Manager
  • Restructuring the International Council
  • The committees and their focusses, suggested tasks
    • Steering Committee
      • Steering development of network
      • Help review Chapter applications
    • Mentoring Committee
      • Welcome Party Calls
      • Mentoring scheme
    • Projects Committee
      • Identify campaigns and joint projects
      • Connect Local Groups and Working Groups
    • Outreach Committee
      • Shared materials
      • Optimizing our outreach
    • Review Committee
      • Review Ambassador applicants (many Ambassador applicants in the pipeline), see current procedure.
      • Optimizing our outreach
    • Joining the committees (who joins which committee?)
    • Specific key areas
      • Outreach materials
      • Ambassador review
  • Next steps
  • Misc / Any other business
  • How do we stay in touch and share what’s going on – Rufus’s point about the Summit ….removal of council mailing list?

Meeting Minutes

Introducing Zara Rahman, new OKF International Community Manager

Zara was welcomed. She is based in Berlin.

Restructuring the International Council

Feedback on the v2 proposal for distributed governance was requested.

Rufus raised the question of communications eg sharing learning; the Summit was a great opportunity for this but how can we keep it going?

Trusting new people: how can we trust people we haven’t all worked with? Perhaps new ambassadors could serve an “apprenticeship” and show results… whilst being mentored.

What’s the number of ambassador applications? 1-2 per week, over 30 in pipeline. Already 5 Ambassadors plus Initiatives & Chapters.

Do we actively look after people who apply to be Ambassadors but are put in the “holding pattern”? Do we have resource for this? would this be part of the Review Committee responsibility?

The committees:

Steering committee:

The committee was introduced as per the v2 document and no objections raised.

Mentoring committee:

Was introduced. Christian and Zara will be on this committee too.

Nominees: Everton; Pierre;Julia

Potential: Charalampos to check with Lazaros

Review Committee:

Was introduced.

Nominees: Charalampos, Oleg

There was a proposal to merge the Projects and Outreach committees as they are similar in focus. This proposal was agreed.

Nominees for Projects & Outreach Committee:

* Alberto Abella (ES)
* Daniel Dietrich (DE)
* Haklae Kim (Korea)
* Joris Pekel (NL)

Full IRC transcript from the meeting can be found here.

Coord Call 2012-10-08

Lucy Chambers - October 8, 2012 in Meeting Notes

# Team Meeting

Team meeting [8/10/12]. around 2.00 pm UK time. (13:00 UTC)

## Participants
* Lucy Chambers
* Gavin Chait
* Velichka Dimitrova
* Jonathan Gray
* Meg Foulkes
* Sam Leon
* Laura Newman
* Joris Pekel
* Darwin Peltan
* Rufus Pollock

## Apologies
* Daniel Dietrich (on his way to Cape Town)
* Kat Braybrooke (at NextGen12 panel in London)
LauraJ (on a bad internet connection that doesn’t want to work with hangout 🙂 apologies!
* Michelle Heydon
* Naomi Lillie

## Agenda
* A rota for chairing this call.

## Updates (paste your notebook link in here [name](link)):

* [Lucy Chambers](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/10/08/week-ahead-lucy-chambers-41/)
* [Joris Pekel](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/10/08/week-ahead-joris-pekel-18/)
* [Laura Newman](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/10/08/week-ahead-laura-newman-29/)
* [Sam Smith](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/10/08/week-ahead-sam-smith-20/)
* [Gavin Chait](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/10/08/week-ahead-gavin-chait/)
* [Laura James](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/10/08/week-ahead-laura-james-35/)

## Notes

* To ask Meg to do reminders. Rotating chair settled.
* Topics for Monday call:
* Events? Probably need to review/discuss at community meeting in October
* FYIs
* Catch ups
* Big updates
* Internal elevator pitches
* Asking for help
* Audience metrics update
* General rallying

## Actions

* Lucy to follow up with Meg + draw up rota

Wolfpack Meeting Notes, 1/10/12

Laura Newman - October 8, 2012 in Uncategorized

# Team Meeting

Team meeting [1/10/12]. at 3:00pm UK time. (14:00 UTC)

## Participants
* Kat Braybrooke
* Lucy Chambers
* Marcus Dapp
* Velichka Dimitrova
* Jonathan Gray
* Sam Leon
* Naomi Lillie
* Laura Newman
* Joris Pekel
* Darwin Peltan
* Tom Rees
* Michelle Heydon

## Apologies
* Irina Bolychevsky
* Daniel Dietrich
* Laura James (probably not going to make this week)
* Rufus Pollock
* Meg Foulkes

## Agenda
* OKFest follow-up (coordinating contacts etc) + OKFestival book + ‘After’ page

## Events (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgKCQJHmtLY_dGNER3RLRWJTbjItNzBBNnc2aDNuUnc&pli=1#gid=0)
* Update from RP (following discussion with LN and MF)
* MozFest (potential attendees include Michael Bauer, Lucy Chambers, Laura Newman (?), Tom Rees, Sam Smith… )
-> Propose action should be, to try and get the people who proposed the school of data session. That should be Michael’s priority on the call, see if we could get those 4 people there
Budget -> project vs core
Lucy to request weekend slot

## Questions
* Who now is responsible for registering domains? (Re: Jonathan’s suggestion to register openco2.org)
and who reviews existing domains (sites) and works out if we should keep them on?
-> in future (for now at least, people register their)
-> from Darwin – how do we ensure renewal reminders don’t get missed?
* NB in next 45 days Accuwebhosting is deleting wheredoesmymoneygo.net, dataquestions.org, reviewlution.net, knowledgeforge.net, opendatacommons.org, econdata.org and econopedia.info (should these messages, currently to admin@, go to sys-admin?)
* What is correct address for sys-admin Qs / request? sysadmin@okfn.org or sysadmin-coord@lists.okfn.org?
* sysadmin@
* This call – time & chair, and do we like Google hangouts?
* Move community call to 15 uk /16 europe for 1 hour
* ping team re: wolfpack timing and focus
* New projects submission form – what are we doing with this?
* Open Transport working group want to write an Open Transport Data Handbook. They are looking for
a) a copyeditor
b) around €5k to fund printed copies.
How much can we help? Who can we point them towards?
WG coord (LauraN/Naomi) has a £2000 budget for random WG support – happy to delegate to them to figure out how this divides between WGs <-- ddin't know about this! Might need some guidance... 🙂 Likewise... project support -> network and WGs\

## AOB
Good for a laugh: 7th image in the series http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19749546 <- haha. photo of the day! thought you'd like it 😀

Wolfpack Meeting Notes, 10/9/2012

Naomi Lillie - September 10, 2012 in Meeting Notes

# Team Meeting
Team meeting 10/09, around 1.30 pm UK time. (12:30 UTC)

## Highlights
* We get asked for ‘official’ OKFN responses – topics / events needing responses should be flagged up; in some cases we will produce a blog post in response, in others we will take as a topic for a future community team discussion
* SL updated on Social Analytics for OKFN and is storing this information for comparisons at later stage
* Notebook posts are public-facing, although the feed has been removed from [planet.okfn.org](http://planet.okfn.org/) in order to reduce prevalence. If anyone has concerns (about content or visibility on web searches) speak to LJ
* Update on an OKFN office – the Management Team is looking into it and welcomes views
* One thing that wasn’t discussed: no meeting next week due to [OKFestival](http://okfestival.org/)! Whoop! 😀

## [Events](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgKCQJHmtLY_dGNER3RLRWJTbjItNzBBNnc2aDNuUnc&pli=1#gid=0)

* LN / RGRP / MF to discuss in more detail (ongoing)

## AOB

* OKFest: helping throughout the week
* Meeting tomorrow (Tues 11th, SL to arrange) of comm-coords to go over requirements and take to wider community if further help needed

## Updates (paste your notebook link in here [name](link)):

* [Daniel Dietrich](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/07/week-ahead-daniel-dietrich-37/)
* [Naomi Lillie](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/10/week-ahead-naomi-lillie-28/)
* [Laura James](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/10/week-ahead-laura-james-32/) – note *Monday only* this week!
* [Sam Leon](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/10/weekly-update-sam-leon-27/)
* [Lucy Chambers](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/10/week-ahead-lucy-chambers-38/)
* [Marcus Dapp](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/10/week-ahead-marcus-dapp-2/)
* [Joris Pekel](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/10/week-ahead-joris-pekel-17/)

### Participants

* Irina Bolychevsky
* Lucy Chambers
* Marcus Dapp
* Velichka Dimitrova
* Meg Foulkes
* Jonathan Gray
* Laura James
* Sam Leon
* Naomi Lillie
* Joris Pekel
* Darwin Peltan
* Rufus Pollock
* Tom Rees

### Apologies
* Kat Braybrooke
* Daniel Dietrich
* Jonathan Gray
* Laura Newman
* Joris Pekel

Wolfpack Notes, 3/9/12

Laura Newman - September 3, 2012 in Meeting Notes

# Team Meeting
Team meeting 03/09, around 1.30 pm UK time. (12:30 UTC)

## Highlights
* Discussed practical details of OKFest, including autoresponder strategy, emergency contact, payments and volunteer coordination – see notes below.
* Travel de-brief documents (GDocs – Chapters > Travel Briefing). If you have been on a major trip, please record notes & experiences here. Remember to use Highrise for contacts! This folder is also a starting point for anyone planning a trip.
* The Dashboard – a heads up of a snazzy new thing to come. The Dashboard monitors our activity (tweets, mailing list sign-up etc). See the [Dashboard User Stories](https://docs.google.com/document/d/16rFPJUZIYnAvSvyAPYjgnHdxnPk0OMOwVT87Z2qyCv0/edit).
* Highrise training for all who need it – an email to come round from Lucy.
* Darwin is away for roughly two weeks.

## Events (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgKCQJHmtLY_dGNER3RLRWJTbjItNzBBNnc2aDNuUnc&pli=1#gid=0)
* LN / RGRP / MF to discuss in more detail

## Questions
* keeping things going while at OKFest – out-of-offices confuse people, how can we manage expectations in terms of response-times etc? [NL]
* no auto-responders
* mob # emergency (RP offers his # for texting!)
* blog-post week before
* Meg being 1st point-of-contact with back up from Jonathan and others
* nothing so urgent can’t wait a week (in theory)
* Slightly related: is there a way to find out who is doing what on which days, and who needs extra help during OKFest?
* Morning stand-ups for volunteers, please come along to that (details tbc but likely 20mins around 09.30) – Naomi/Kat to be at these each morning if have questions 😉
* Travel debrief documents [LN] (GDocs – Chapters > Travel Briefings)
* read!
* Use Highrise
* Payments – there will be lag over OKFest, please make sure you have alerted LJ to any urgent payment requests well before then (normal pay-run won’t be affected, we’ll get up to date for post-OKFest invoices the week before)

### Announcing The Dashboard
* [Dashboard User Stories](https://docs.google.com/document/d/16rFPJUZIYnAvSvyAPYjgnHdxnPk0OMOwVT87Z2qyCv0/edit)
From Tom Rees 😀 ++
* maps our activity, tweets etc – http://activityapi.herokuapp.com/api/1/activity/staff
* good stats – #s posts per day, #s users etc
* data more than visualisation at this stage but will lead to snazzy viewing thingy…
* github issues – https://github.com/okfn/dashboard/issues/35
* Opinions welcomed, speak to Tom Rees
* possibly automate Sam Leon’s info collection!
(Tom – prob missed stuff, please add – slow typing)

## AOB
* Darwin – Away for two weeks
* Highrise training
* NL +1
* LC to e-mail staff@
* Events – ongoing (RP, LN, MF)
* briefing: people, places, existing contacts etc – make more of an effort to combine ideas
* Discuss in Oct (comm team)
* Meg + NL discussing better comm of contacts etc… will tie-in

## Updates (paste your notebook link in here [name](link)):
* [Naomi Lillie](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/03/week-ahead-naomi-lillie-27/)
* [Lucy Chambers](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/03/week-ahead-lucy-chambers-37/)
* [Laura Newman](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/03/week-ahead-laura-newman-26/)
* [Daniel Dietrich](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/03/week-ahead-daniel-dietrich-36/)
/sings: sistaaaaaas are doin’ it for themselves… <- #winning * [Kat Braybrooke](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/03/week-ahead-kat-braybrooke-37/) * [Laura James](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/03/week-ahead-laura-james-31/) * [Michael Bauer](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/03/weekly-update-michael-bauer-2/) * [Sam Smith](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/03/week-ahead-sam-smith-15/) * [Joris Pekel](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/09/03/week-ahead-joris-pekel-16/) ## Participants * Kat Braybrooke * Lucy Chambers * Marcus Dapp * Daniel Dietrich * Velichka Dimitrova * Jonathan Gray * Meg Foulkes * Laura James * Naomi Lillie * Laura Newman * Joris Pekel * Darwin Peltan * Rufus Pollock * Tom Rees ## Apologies * Sam Leon

Wolfpack Meeting, 20/8/12

Laura Newman - August 20, 2012 in Meeting Notes

## Highlights
* Welcome Michael Bauer! A new Data Wrangler working on School of Data and Labs.
* Events to be decided via a different process from now on. Rufus & Laura N to work on this.

## Agenda
* Introducing Michael Bauer
* OKFest weekly bulletin – please send Kat feedback by end of this aft 🙂

## Updates (paste your notebook link in here [name](link)):
* [Naomi Lillie](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/08/20/week-ahead-naomi-lillie-25/)
* [Laura Newman](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/08/20/week-ahead-laura-newman-24/)
* [Daniel Dietrich](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/08/20/week-ahead-daniel-dietrich-34/)
* [Tom Rees](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/08/20/week-ahead-tom-rees-11/)
* [Laura James](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/08/20/week-ahead-laura-james-29/) – note II’m now down to 20 hours a week; so unless it’s urgent please pre-book calls with me, as I’m sometimes online but not OKFNing
* [Kat Braybrooke](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/08/20/week-ahead-kat-braybrooke-36/)
* [Sam Leon](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/08/20/weekly-update-sam-leon-26/)

## Events (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgKCQJHmtLY_dGNER3RLRWJTbjItNzBBNnc2aDNuUnc&pli=1#gid=0)
* DDC – Development Data Challenge in London: 25-26 August, the Guardian offices http://developmentdatachallenge.org/ Meeting with Mark Brough about the questions on Tuesday, 21 August, 2 pm – you can join per skype if interested
* LN to talk to VD re going (if anyone else keen, holler) -awesome, maybe join the meeting with Mark tomorrow to discuss the challenges
* OpenDataMX event and Hackathon this week in Mexico City: 24-25 August http://opendata.mx/ – an event relevant for the School of Data, Labs and Regional Chapters, please talk to Velichka
* CleanWeb MeetUp tonight in London: http://www.meetup.com/Cleanweb-London/
* Question from NickS: are we going to Strata?
* LN to pick up with LC
* National Human Rights Council in Morocco – 21st & 22nd Sep.
* no clear decision – RP and LN to discuss (see below)
* Free Culture Forum, Barcelona Oct 25-27
* KB and DD to discuss w mgmt

## Actions
* RP and LN to re-examine events to come up with better process

## Participants
* Michael Bauer (an introduction)
* Irina Bolychevsky
* Kat Braybrooke
* Marcus Dapp
* Daniel Dietrich
* Velichka Dimitrova
* Meg Foulkes
* Jonathan Gray
* Laura James
* Sam Leon
* Naomi Lillie
* Laura Newman
* Joris Pekel
* Darwin Peltan
* Rufus Pollock
* Tom Rees

## Apologies
* Lucy Chambers

Wolfpack Meeting 14/08/2012

Joris Pekel - August 14, 2012 in Meeting Notes

# Team Meeting

Team meeting [13/08]. around 1.30 pm UK time. (12:30 UTC)

## Agenda

## Updates (paste your notebook link in here [name](link)):
* [Naomi Lillie](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/08/13/week-ahead-naomi-lillie-24/)
* [Kat Braybrooke](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/08/13/week-ahead-kat-braybrooke-35/)
* [Joris Pekel](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/08/13/week-ahead-joris-pekel-15/)
* [Sam Leon](http://notebook.okfn.org/2012/08/13/weekly-update-sam-leon-25/)

## Events (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgKCQJHmtLY_dGNER3RLRWJTbjItNzBBNnc2aDNuUnc&pli=1#gid=0)
* Nothing new to speakers@ [MF / NL]

## Questions
* Quick question from Kat (here) – can we make Notebook private so that it stops showing up on Google searches? 🙂

## AOB
* Update: OKFest general travel bursaries being decided *today* with applicants notified later this week. Note that over 100 have applied for a limited amount of funding, and that preference will (as before) be given to those who are directly participating in the festival. There is also a separately-adminstered bursary for ‘development practitioners and coders’ which Sida is deciding on in Norway. These applicants will also be notified by beginning of next week. – Kat

## Notes

* Meg is the new foundation adminstrator. Inducted by Naomi.
* 23 people will be funded for OKFest!
* Move away from using etherpads (for sensitive stuff), apart from uber-public quick sharing of thoughts – use GDocs instead – take to e-mail (JP)
* Joris to look into private notepad posts – maybe making it a ‘members only’ blog
* Note from LJ: Sysadmin already have a ticket about notebook posts so please talk
with them. I’ve done this sort of transition before and it’s never as
easy as people think – so any requirements for the new notebook system
should be gathered together in [the existing trac ticket](http://trac.okfn.org/ticket/1267).
i’m afraid posts (for now!) are supposed to be public and that means google. If people don’t want to publish into then it shouldn’t be in a notebook post. If there’s specific worries they can bring them to me.
* Autumn comm mtg dates 15th-18th October, location tbc – Dec Summit to be clarified (JG)
* JG mails LJ re: Summit in December

## Actions
* JP to take etherpad / GDoc discussion to e-mail
* JG to mail LJ re: Summit in December

## Participants

* Daniel Dietrich
* Meg Foulkes
* Sam Leon
* Naomi Lillie
* Joris Pekel
* Kat Braybrooke
* Jonathan Gray

## Apologies
* Darwin Peltan
* Lucy Chambers
* Marcus Dapp
* Laura Newman
* Velichka Dimitrova
* Laura James (apologies)
* Rufus Pollock
* Tom Rees